Monday, February 14, 2011

tiddly inks challenge #37

happy valentine's day everyone!! i have been so busy with all of the projects that my 6 year old had to do for school. she had cards to make, a 100th day project to create, & an art competition that she entered. lots to do for a 6 year old. so i had very little time for my own crafting. the time that i usually allot myself to make things for challenges was gone. so i scrambled to finish this challenge & get my own valentine cards done for my family.

this challenge was to create a romantic card.  i actually made 2 cards for this challenge. but here is the one i entered:

i used rapunzel & was inspired by the  movie tangled & the floating lanterns. my daughter & i loved the floating lanterns. it looked so romantic as they were in the boat underneath all those lanterns. but in my card rapunzel is in her window feeling the love the lanterns exude. so i tried to re-create the floating lanterns by using a transparency & stickles. i also was experimenting with flower soft. i colored rapunzel with my copics & i also used the window frame from gothic window. for that i used my distress inks to color it. and finally i used bo bunny valentine paper & some acrylic beads as accents.

when i made this next card, i realized that it wasn't so romantic. but, it's sweet to know that she has bundled up all her love for her sweetie, & that the love has oozed out & up to be shared with everyone.


i used copics, liquid pearls to color annabelle. i paper pieced her wagon with K & Company papers. it is also the paper that i used for the background. & i used stickles & liquid pearls for the hearts. i also used some gel pens for the string on the wagon  & her shoes.

thanks for stopping by & later i will be posting other cards that i made for today. enjoy the day. today is going to be in the 40's!! AAAHHHH it feels like spring. lol.

7 comments:

CraftyMomOf3 said...

these are both so sweet!!! excellent job!!

thanks for joining us this week at TI!!

mfc.melissamade2 said...

OH my gosh - both are so cute - I have yet to see tangled but I can imagine the inspiration for your Tiddly Rapunzel card! Thanks so much for joining us again this week! Fabulous Creations!
Hugs,
M

Tracy Jedi said...

I can't wait to see Tangled! Both cards are so cute! I love the way you used the flower soft on your card. Gorgeous! Can't wait to see what you make for the next Tiddly Inks challenge!

jenlynnie said...

thanks ladies!! as always, your comments mean a lot to me. love your input & always love doing ti challenges.

Loopylou. said...

omg i love them both!!! thank you so much for playing with us again hun, cant wai to see what you make this week!! hugs Lou xxx

Larissa said...

Boththese cards are fabulous! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Hugs,
Larissa

DonnaMundinger said...

LOVE them both! so so sweet! The first is so incredibly romantic, though! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers! xxD

Post a Comment