Tuesday, May 10, 2011

tiddly inks party puzzler blog hop

Hi everyone! I hope everyone enjoyed Mother's Day. I certainly did. My 7 year old wrote a beautiful song for me & drew me some lovely pictures. My sweet husband gave me flowers & a day of not doing anything. We went out to brunch & to dinner. What a great day!!!

Afterwards, I began working on my card for the hop. I found inspiration from an activity that my daughter & I have been doing the past month. We got some catepillars and a cocoon from my friend's shop in Michigan. We watched the catepillars change into butterflies & watched the Luna moth emerge from her cocoon. And on Saturday we set them free. As fun as it was, my dear girlie is so sad that they are gone. She is hoping that they will come and visit. But I told her that they have jobs to do & hopefully their friends will visit.




A little closer look,


I used Flutter By and Bloom Little Lilly for my images. And I also added a couple of images from http://www.makeitcrafty.com.au/ for the tree & the grassy meadow. The artist Zoe makes wonderful images. To color the images I used my Copics and added Stickles and some chalk to bring in some depth. The background on the cover is done with Twinkling H2O's. Then I added some washi tape that I got from the Greeting Farm. I changed them up by coloring them a bit with my Copics. Next I added some buttons that I colored with Copics & added some embroidery floss that I colored with my Copics. The butterflies were done with Liquid Pearls & Stickles. Finally to make the window I used a nestie.

In this card, I have Lili peeking in on how the butterflies are doing because she was the one who painted their wings. After I colored her and added Stickles, I covered this image with Glossy Accents.




Here is the inside


Again the tree is from Make It Crafty. & I used butterflies from Fairy Fae Paper.  The sentiment is made through Microsoft Word and inked up with some chalk ink. I know that I have been making a lot of butterfly cards. This will be the last for a while...I think. But I sure am getting use out of Fairy Fae Paper, a good investment for me :  )

Hope that everyone is enjoying the hop. I was looking forward to this since I heard about it.  And in the spirit of blog hopping, I thought that I could give a prize. I am always thrilled to have more followers & thought that I will give a $10 gift certificate to Tiddly Inks to one of my followers. But if my following goes up to 50, then I will give a $15 gift certificate. If it goes up to 75 followers, I'll give a $20 gift certificate. If it gets up to 100 then I'll give a $25 gift certificate. I will draw the winner at the end of the blog hop. How does that sound? So become a follower & leave a comment letting me know what you think about my card. It is always wonderful to have blogger friends : )

Thanks for stopping by!

22 comments:

Jenn Borjeson said...

This is sooooooo cute, I love how you combined all the images and your coloring is fabulous. :)

Star said...

This is so adorable!!! What a fantastic story! I'm so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. =D

Loopylou. said...

oh bless her, i hope at least one moth floats by for her to see! i love your card too, its just beautiful!! thank you for joining in with the tiddly inks birthday hop!! hugs Lou xxx

mimi.bricole said...

that's a great combination... all this coloring is great!!

Gunvor said...

Awesome card! Clever design and lovely colouring!

ChickieChirps said...

Lovely card! I love the scene you have created! I hope some of those butterflies flutter by to visit your wee girl on their way to do their jobs!

Arabella

Jules said...

very pretty! you have created such a lovely scene.

Judi said...

Very Cute!

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Very beautiful card. I love how you combined images and all the raised details. What a fun activity you and your daughter have been up to, so sweet that it could then inspire you.

Christy/Tiddly Inks Digitals said...

Ahhh, so clever and great idea! :) Love that you used Make it Crafty images too...we work well together! :)

Tracy Jedi said...

Jen, this is super cute! Love all the pretty spring colors! Also, I hope all of your daughter's little friends come back to say "hi". What a cute story! =D

Christine said...

Very sweet card, Jen!

Hazel said...

I love the story behind your beautiful card. Brilliant.
H xx

CraftyMomOf3 said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!

Catherine said...

Your card is so lovely ! Love the soft colours and the 3D effect ! Hugs x

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Oh your card is so sweet! And I love that it's personal to you and your daughter's fun adventure with the caterpillars. Hope you both get to see lots of lovely butterflies this year :D

Cindi said...

My niece had the caterpillars/butterflies too and it was hard on her to let them go. She moved on to fish now :) Great card. Love the colors.

Larissa said...

Great card! I love the combination you made of these 2 images! So adorable. Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks.

Hugs,
Larissa

Unknown said...

This is just beautiful! I love how you put this together! Thanks for joining us in our birthday blog hop!

Amy said...

This is so cute! I love the scene you've created, awesome card!

Shirley said...

JeniLynne, this card is so creative and beautiful. I love it and the activity with your daughter that sent you in this direction. Beautiful job.

Maz said...

Lovely card and nice to hear the story behind it. x

Post a Comment