Saturday, October 29, 2011

tiddly inks challenge #70 silvery blues

With Halloween coming in fast, I thought that I wouldn't participate in this challenge. I still have to finish helping the girls to make their trick-or-treat bags, add some lining to my daughter's cape, get ready for the candy fairy, and do the goodie boxes for my daughter's class. And being the room mom for her class I have to go and buy some supplies for their class party. I am feeling the stress. And to top it off a noreaster is headed our way!! But this storm inspired me to do this card.


I used a pixie from the Tiddly Inks rubber stamps from Stamping Bella. I colored her with Copics. Behind her I used a Memory Box stamp that I embossed in silver. Then I swirled in some white Distress Stain on the blue cardstock. I added some Stickles swirls and used Stickles on the star on the wand. Finally I added a silver ribbon and added my sentiment. My winter wish at this moment is for summer. I am not quite ready to pull out my sweaters.

Well, I am going to get back on task. Have a great weekend! And I don't post anything on Monday, have a fun and safe Halloween!!!

6 comments:

Stephanie aka Nerdette said...

Oh how lovely she looks perched on her silvery branch. Like she's just waiting for the wind to blow. Beautiful job. The silver embossing is stunning. I adore this little scene.

I can remember when I used to make my eldest daughters costumes it too days and sometimes weeks. ugh. Thank goodness my 2 youngest prefer store bought ;D

Loopylou. said...

oh wowzers!! that is just beautiful, i love those embossed flowers.
thankyou for coming to play with the tiddly inkers again this week
huge hugs Lou xxx

Pop's Cards said...

This is gorgeous sweetie love your colours and design, stunning thank you for joining us at Tiddly Inks this week hugs pops x

mfc.melissamade2 said...

Oh this is lovely! The stamp you used in the background is just perfect for this little image! Gorgeous blues and love the touch of silver! Fantastic!
Thanks for playing with us at Tiddly Inks!
Hugs,
M

Unknown said...

Oh, so pretty! I just love your embossed silver background! So glad you could join our challenge at Tiddly Inks!

Larissa said...

Oh wow, stunning card! The silver embossing is so pretty! Thanks for joining us at the Tiddly Inks challenge this week.

Hugs,
Larissa

Post a Comment