Tuesday, May 3, 2011

teacher appreciation day

Today is teacher appreciation day here. I spent the last couple of days trying to help my 7 year old put together her present for her teacher, a book written by her. She used the Magical Treehouse books as her model. She wrote about a forest that magically appears in her classroom & she, her teachers, & classmates had to help a fairy return to her fairy self in order for everyone to go home.



I made the cover for her using my digi scrapbooking supplies & distress inks. I made the title using Word on my computer.




Here is her fairy. She used rainbow dreams & used her colored pencils to make her pretty.


She also wanted to use Grow a Little Impatient Tree on the top of each of her chapters. I think that she had 4 chapters. Her drawing is of her standling along the wall of her school.

To bind the book together i used some ribbon from Michael's. It was fun helping her write her story. She has quite the imagination & loved her expressions when she was telling me the story. Of course I prettied it up. I helped her fill in some gaps & tried to keep her on track of the story. But overall she is quite an author. I hope her teacher enjoys it.

Because she spent all her time on this book, I had to make cards for her other teachers, art, music, gym.


For her art teacher I just used some characters from a digi scrapbook kit...I can't remember where it was from though. I also used a nestie to make the scalloped squares & used embossing folders (sizzix i believe) & distress inks to jazz them up. The ribbon was from Michael's. The sentiment was made with Word.


I like this card. I used a new stamp set from Darcie's. A great set. I didn't do much with this other than distress the music sheet. And the sentiment was again made from Microsoft Word.


Thank goodness Christy has some precolored images. It helps me so much when it's crunch time. I think this was a freebie at some point. To embellish I used buttons from A.C. Moore, liquid pearls, washi tape. And the blue paper is MME, & I stamped the plaid Hero Arts stamp on the card.

I admire teachers that work so hard to ensure the love of learning in their students. And thankfully my daughter has a great group of teachers. If you're a teacher, thank you for all that you do for your students.

Thanks for stopping by. It's now time to clean my craft area. Hope you're having a wonderful day!!

1 comments:

Tracy Jedi said...

Aw, that book looks so cute and reminds me of things I used to do with K! I miss those days. It sounds like a very cool story and I bet the class did love it! Liana is awesome at coloring and drawing too! Also, I bet the teachers loved their cards...they are very cute! =D

Post a Comment