Tuesday, July 26, 2011

definitely into art journalling

I am enjoying art journalling. It brings me a sense of peace and an excuse to use all the things that have just been sitting around and collecting dust. Most importantly I like art journalling because there is no right or wrong. A mistake on a page is seen as an opportunity to make it into something that works...or just cover it with gesso or paper or paint and start over. And it just fits my style...it fits everyone's style. And I am enjoying art journalling over at Stamping Bella because it is about being a part of a group who enjoy art journalling. There are no prizes. No real deadlines. Just wonderful inspiration. There is no theme for this week, just a suggestion of paint splattering to get us started...



This is actually 2 pages. I did one yesterday and one today. For both I used gesso. Then I began my layering of paint, tissue paper, cardstock, water soluble crayons, pastels, doodling, and stamping. This journal is showing itself to be a book on quotes that I enjoy or quick thoughts. There is no lengthy journalling. I just want to have a place where I have my fave quotes and thoughts. On the left page you can notice the Gertie from Stamping Bella. On the right page I used a flower from Heartfelt Creations. The rest I made with tissue paper and Kraft paper and various coloring instruments.I also used some modelling paste for the leaves of the trees. I didn't really paint splatter. I like to scribble with my colors andy spread it out with water or with mists. Or I like to just spread the paint around.

I am so happy that you stopped by to take a look at my pages. Have a great night : )

0 comments:

Post a Comment