Saturday, September 3, 2011

tiddly inks challenge #63 reading fun

Hi everyone! This week went by fast!! I have been busy with getting things back into the school days routine. But really that wasn't much to do. So I honestly don't know where this week went.

For this week's challenge over at TI was to create a reading inspired project. It could be based on a book or a general reading theme. When I saw this, I was stumped. But after pondering a bit, I realized it was a wonderful opportunity to finally make a notebook out of some of the paper that is sitting at my crafting area. (It is one of my 10 things that I want to use it or lose it).  And the theme of my project is the muses and their way of inspiring mere mortals to create wonderful things.




For my outside cover, I took a transparency and used one of the pixies from the set at Stamping Bella. I first stamped it onto the transparency and then took normal cardstock and colored her in with Copics and Stickles and put the colored copy underneath the transparency image. Next I added Druscilla. I stamped her on paper and then I colored her with Copics and added Stickles. Next I glued her on top of the transparency. Also on the transparency I added a Hero Arts stamp and colored it with some Faber Castell markers. Here is a close up of Druscilla.




Underneath the transparency I created the background with gesso, paints, markers and a little of bit of paper. I then used one of the images from Steampunk Papers to layer on top of it. I added some Stickles around the pixie. Then I typed up my sentiment on the computer and added it to the page.



As I said earlier this notebook is made up of some of my papers. I just went through the pile and picked random sheets and cut them at various sizes and stacked them in randomly. Then I sewed the pages together and used washi tape to cover up the seam.



I plan to carry this in my bag and use it to jot down things that I need to remember to do or ideas for projects or to write down something funny one of the kids say that I want to use in my scrapbooking. I will probably stamp on each page or doodle or paint or do a combo. So it is an everything journal : )  I can't wait til I reach my last page and flip through all that this book holds.
Have a great weekend everyone!!

4 comments:

Loopylou. said...

omg!!! that is just jaw dropping hun, i love it.Druscilla looks beautiful and i love the little pixie with the journalling bit.
thank you so much for sharing this with the tiddly inkers,
hugs Lou xxxx

DonnaMundinger said...

What a gorgeous and creative interpretation of the theme! Love, love, LOVE it! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers again this week. xxD

CraftyMomOf3 said...

Just stunning...

Crafty Hugs!
Meredith

Unknown said...

A beautiful project with a wonderful muse for inspiration. Thanks for joining our challenge this week at Tiddly Inks!

Post a Comment