Monday, July 11, 2011

10 things i need to use or lose update

Hi everyone! I would have posted this yesterday, but Blogger wasn't letting me do much of anything during my free moment. So today I am discussing my 10 things on the 10th. I have spent the month of June trying to work on this list that I posted on June 10th. It is so hard to try to organize my stuff. I can organize my mother's stuff so easily. I can sort through all of her stuff and figure things out. But my stuff...forget it! It is a long a painful process. But I am feeling lighter and freer with each thing that is sorted through.



10. the kids' toys.  I have sent a bag of them to Goodwill. But I had to do it behind my kids' backs because they would have started playing with all the toys that I was putting away and would have protested as I was handing the bag to the guy at Goodwill. The sad thing is that Goodwill won't take anything that kids ride on. So the toy cars that they rode on that are in still great shape had to be tossed away.

09. fabric.  The bin of fabric is still there. But I have been using it the fabric little by little through the collages that I am making.. as you can see in my above collage. I still have to figure out what to do with the bulk of it because I don't think that I can make that many collages.

08. yarn. The yarn hasn't been touched. I still am searching for some cool patterns. But I have too many wool skeins. I hate doing dry cleaning. And washing wool brings on the factor of felting and shrinking whatever it is that I make. So I am searching Ravelry to find something to do with all of this stuff.

07. my big Xyron.  I think that this is on its way to the tag sale. It still sits on the shelf unused.

06. eyelets. I haven't touched these either. In fact I completely forgot that they were on my list.

05. cork.  I wanted to try to design some kind of wall hanging. But I couldn't get it to work. I think that I have to tweek my design. But in the meantime, I am using some cork as a stamp in my art journalling.

04. clothes. I did go through some of the clothes. I gave a bag to Goodwill. Hubby thinks that I should give away my really nice clothes since I don't wear them these days. I told him that I would give them away if he is willing to buy me a whole new wardrobe when I go back to work. The issue has been dropped. lol

03. sweaters  Not touched yet. They sit in the bag taking up space. I haven't gotten the nerve up to felt them up & cut them up.

02. ribbon.  I have used some of it in my projects. There is still tons of it still in my stash. But I am proud to say that I have not bought any to add to my madness.

01. paper.  I am slowly using up the paper that I don't like in my collages. I have painted over them or used them as templates.

So overall, I think that I have done a good job at working on my list. I could do better, but it is definitely a step in the right direction. I hope that you are doing better at sorting through stuff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment